Career & College Counseling for High School Students
Planning for your future is one of the most important task in ones life, whether it be for college or a new career. The proper attention, focus and time are necessary. Getting a professional to help you through this process is a good decision.
Together we develop a plan to help you move beyond procrastination, frustration and confusion. When your mind is racing with too many difference ideas and options, it’s difficult to settle on a good decision. Seeking assistance from a professional may be the best thing you do towards planning for your future.
Acing the Interview
Interviewing for jobs has taken a different direction and it’s likely you will find yourself being interviewed by phone or conducting a virtual interview. No worries, you can ace this.
- Research the company
- Be prepared to talk about how your experience relates to the job
- Research common interview questions and have prepared answers (not rehearsed)
- Be energetic with a positive upbeat attitude that shines through whether you are on the phone or virtual
- Use a mirror to practice (checking your clothing selection, posture and smile)
- Don’t rush your answers, take time to pause in between sentences
- Be honest, natural and don’t talk too much
Before you schedule a practice half phone or virtual interview session with me, follow the above suggestions. If you’re still not certain you can ace the phone or virtual interview, I am here to help. I provide 2 half hour interview sessions for clients at $75. The sessions include the following:
- Critique of clothing, background, posture
- Practice questions and answers
- Review of resume
- Tips on how to be engaging, practice being engaging
- Work on tone, energy, and attitude
- Practice smiling and projecting
- Practice being relaxed and prepared