Career & College Counseling for High School Students
Planning for your future is one of the most critical tasks in one’s life, whether for college or a new career. The proper attention, focus, and time are necessary. Getting a professional to help you through this process is the right decision.
Together we develop a plan to help you move beyond procrastination, frustration, and confusion. When your mind is racing with too many different ideas and options, it can become challenging to settle on a good decision. Seeking assistance from a professional may be the best thing you do towards planning for your future.
Acing the Interview
Interviewing for jobs has taken a different direction, and you will likely find yourself on a phone interview or conducting a virtual interview. No worries, you can ace this.
A Few Helpful Tips
- Research the company
- Be ready and prepared to talk about how your experience relates to the job
- Research common interview questions and have prepared answers (not rehearsed)
- Be energetic with a positive, upbeat attitude that shines through whether you are on the phone or virtual
- Use a mirror to practice (checking your clothing selection, posture, and smile)
- Don’t rush your answers; take time to pause in between sentences
- Be honest, natural, and don’t talk too much
- Critique of clothing, background, posture
- Practice questions and answers
- Review of resume
- Tips on how to be engaging, practice being engaging
- Work on tone, energy, and attitude
- Practice smiling and projecting
- Practice being relaxed and prepared